There are times when you want to rough it and then there are times when you want to spoil yourself, after working hard. As you consider traveling through Australia in a motorhome hire, make sure to put Melbourne on your itinerary.
Not only is it a fascinating city, but it has some of the best luxury travel experiences around. You’ll want to make the most of your time in Melbourne and seeing the best that it has to offer is one way to do just that. Whether you rent a motorhome hire to explore the surroundings or try a more luxurious means of transportation, there are several experiences that you don’t want to miss out on.
Some places may be just fine to see while on a budget, but others are definitely worth taking the time to save up for. Melbourne is a city that you want to do right. As you start planning your trip and what you will do while in Australia, consider these following Melbourne luxury experiences:
- Take a private helicopter tour over the city-What could be better than seeing Melbourne by foot? Seeing it from the air, of course. With several companies offering helicopter tours of the city, you can be sure that there will be opportunity for you to enjoy a view from above. From sunset flights to coastal views, it is truly a luxurious way to see one of the most iconic Australian cities.
- Rent a luxury car to visit the Yarra Valley wineries-When visiting Melbourne, you don’t want to miss out on going on some wine tours. While there several different ways to do this (including cycling winery tours), one of the most comfortable ways is to rent a luxury vehicle and do the tour on your own (or with a driver, if you really want to taste as many Australian wines as possible).
- Go on a hot air balloon tour-If you like to mix a bit of adventure-as in flying above land in a balloon-you will want to take a hot air balloon tour. Whether you choose to fly over Melbourne or would rather see wine country, there are several options for you. A hot air balloon ride is definitely a great opportunity to do something special, such as a proposal or birthday celebration. Whether or not you have something to celebrate, it’s certain to be an experience like none other. Don’t forget to bring your camera.
- Eat at as many gourmet restaurants as possible-Eating is a necessity, but it can definitely be a luxury experience when you choose wisely. Melbourne is a city with plenty of variety and you’ll want to make sure to try said variety while in town. Make a top list of your gourmet favorites or get some help from a professional and enjoy the best that there is to be found when it comes to fine dining in Melbourne.
- Take a 4WD tour of wildlife and rock art-While enjoying Melbourne is all well and good, what if you want to have a little bit of nature and adventure? After all, what could be more fun than riding a four-wheeler through the bush with an experienced guide? You can get to know more about the history of the area while having a fabulously fun time. Some 4WD tours even include local wines for the occasion, so after you’re finished exploring and having the time of your life, you can unwind with a glass of red or white.
- Book a private tour to get to know more about Melbourne’s history-Maybe you aren’t the biggest fan of adventures and a good idea of fun for you is observing architecture. Fortunately, you can book private tours to visit some of Melbourne’s best galleries, museums, and historical buildings. Whether you get around town cycling with your guide or you ride in style in a classy car, you can be sure that it will be an enjoyable experience—and you’ll learn a lot of little-known facts about the world’s most livable city.
If you’re the average individual, you’ve probably done some backpacking during your time. While it certainly is a great way to see the world while spending little, treating yourself to a luxury vacation is definitely something that you deserve.
Melbourne, Australia is one of the world’s most desirable destinations. From the art to the culture, activities, and night life, there is something for every type of traveler to enjoy. Plus, you have plenty of natural destinations nearby to enjoy and explore if you want to get out of the city for a bit.
If you’re considering a road trip in a motorhome hire, make sure to consider spoiling yourself with one of the above luxury activities. You may have to spend a little more than usual, but you can be sure that it will be worth it.